funsec mailing list archives

Re: Database design.

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:37:34 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, David Lodge wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:17:33 +0200, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
I ask, because a project like this is underway in the UK, expected to
cost
some $40 billion, and I've just written to my MP suggesting that a
*massively* lower figure would be more appropriate (including my
one-paragraph design), and asking her to raise this as a Parliamentary
Question.

Hmmm... I may contact my MP, bearing in mind she's the Health minister...
Oh wait, she wasn't actually responsive to my appeal against ID cards.
Bugger, maybe I should have voted for her ;-)

Throw it open to the open source community - you'd get a fully working
system for hardware cost, with some free egos thrown in.

Hel, I'll code it in awk (I'm a member of the perl haters club) for a
million...

Do it in perl, you could do it in one line of code that looks like line
noise :-)