funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Money Power vs. The NSA ? Not So Fast...

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:15:39 -0700

On 5/19/06, Young, Keith <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov> wrote:

I'm surprised that the VoIP companies (company?) have not made a statement yet regarding this...

their customers traffic flows plain text over tapped links.  what
could they say aside from "wow, this screws our customers too"?

only skype has a leg up and their position is only moderately
improved.  we need zphone / peer to peer comms without central
weakness (skype can and does provide assistance when requested by law
enforcement using proper authorization).