funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Bush: U.S. Doesn't Eavesdrop on Phone Calls of 'Ordinary'Americans

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 08:40:13 -0500

On 5/17/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Ok, you really want me to think that StyleWar was serious about his
idea that the NSA is not tapping anyones phones illegally?

I doubt they are, why would I doubt his seriousness? When are you
going to figure out that there are enough "loopholes" in the
restrictions on government in these matters to drive a truck through.

Does your inane thought that someone is actually going to get into
trouble of this shit deserve a respectful response?

Does that deserve a measured response?

Is anyone capable of that much denial?

Maybe so, but I like to think not.

Who's in denial is the question.

Bonus Question: Can anyone offer proof that the NSA does have a
database of the past 5 years phone calls?

Huh? No one can currently offer proof that the NSA has done ANYTHING,
let alone maintained a database of the last 5 year's phone calls. Btw,
do you have a clue as to how large that database would be - even if
the only two fields it contained is the dialing and receiving phone
numbers??!?!?