funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] NSA Database Report Draws Focus on 'Analysis'

From: Black Ops Security <x () blackopssec com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:54:06 -0500

Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:18:12 +0100 (BST)
From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Subject: Re: [privacy] NSA Database Report Draws Focus on 'Analysis'
To: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Cc: privacy () whitestar linuxbox org

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/12/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Unfortunately, you're right:
<SNIP>
Having realized this -- it doesn't make it legal, or ethically
sound. :-/

It just shows how apathetic Americans are about their maintaining
their liberties.

Very disturbing.
Coming from a gun rights background, I'm already familiar. Not that
gun rights are the only ones I care about - just my main interest at
the time. Now I could care less what the world does. I realize its me
against them, always. If I can find enough people who agree with me,
its us against them. You can't do better than that. But, like I said,
that's the way of the world. The only thing making it possibly unique
for the US is that we're the newest (well, not including France I
suppose - who don't count) and have the word "freedom" printed on all
of our financed monies.

The rest of us find it quite funny the way that your attention is focussed
on the right to own popguns while under your feet your government
redefines the word "freedom", knowing that a gun-owning population is
mostly a hazard to family members, not to government power.

Don't speak for me, Drsolly.  I don't agree with any of your anti-gun or
anti-USA sentiments.  What I do find extremely ironic though is when a
UK resident is critical of the erosion of freedom in the USA.  YOU live
in a country full of surveillance cameras, hidden microphones,
photoradar, satellite tracking of private cars, etc.  The UK probably
has 20X the level of surveillance per person as the USA.

What I do find to be quite funny is how obediently you regurgitate the
doublethink that the UK Ministry of Truth has programmed into you.