funsec mailing list archives

RE: [Full-disclosure] WMF round-up, updates and de-mystification

From: "Peter Ferrie" <pferrie () symantec com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:04:55 -0800

In this URL you can find the best write-up I have seen on the WMF issue:
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/167 <http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/167>
By Matthew Murphy at the "Securiteam Blogs".

And yet, he calls it a bug, which it isn't.
It's actually a feature, it has legitimate purposes, and has been present in Windows for 15 years, and people are
noticing only now just what you can do with it.
While I'm not defending Microsoft here, since I think that it was a poor design in the first place, let's at least get
that part right.