funsec mailing list archives

Re: Now I Know What I Want For X-Mas, My Next B-Day, Veterans Day....

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:12:40 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:00:04 -0500
From:                   "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>

I'll save those (like me) who just couldnt believe a copter could
shoot a 12 gauge and stay airborne some time by posting the path to
the video

the link to the video ftp://www.neural-robotics.com/

userID:       autocopter
Password   gunship

Thank you, Dude.  Very helpful.

Either they are running their ftp server at dialup speeds, or Funsec has slashdotted
this video.  So, in the (estimated 2 hour) meantime, I shall amuse myself by
creating mental images of the helicopter, with shotgun slung below it, firing off a
shot, and the recoil swinging the machine completely over (skids up, blades down)
and then back rightside up ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
I walked until midnight in the storm, then I went home and took a
sauna for an hour and a half. It was all clear. I listened to my
heart and saw if there were any signs of my destiny in the sky,
and there were none - there were just snowflakes.
               - Pierre Elliott Trudeau recounting a `walk in the
snow' at a news conference announcing his resignation, Feb. 29, 1984
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade