funsec mailing list archives

RE: Israeli Software Company Faces U.S. Probe

From: "Ryan Counts" <rcounts () parkplacetexas com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:34:07 -0600

From the Washington Post article:

<snip>

Still, Sourcefire earned about 10 percent of its estimated $35 million
in revenues last year guarding classified U.S. computers, according to
Jeffrey W. Englander, a software security analyst at Boston-based
America's Growth Capital, a boutique investment bank and research firm.

</snip>

I think this is just a case of bad journalism.  They put snort at the
head of the article because it'll raise eyebrows, but the heart of the
matter is that Sourcefire does a lot of security work for the
government.