funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bad idea. Bad.

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:36:57 -0500

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:26:18 CST, Todd Towles said:

Valdis wrote:
"JavaScript" as an example of a sandbagged executable.

This crew just blew their credibility. ;)

Then that credibility disppears on the second sentence of a 25+ page
abstract PDF.

http://www.ravenwhite.com/files/activecookies_--_2_Feb_06.pdf

A quick perusal indicates that they didn't consider the case of
a phish setting its own active cookie that would authenticate the phish
website.  Of course, I zipped through it, so maybe I missed it....