funsec mailing list archives

Re: Administrator Accounts

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:58:12 -0800

Todd Towles wrote:
As little as I know about the Mac security model..it sounds very good.
Now if they can come to grips with the idea of  future threats and be
willing to talk about security issues more openly. ;)

To be sure, I think that Apple has a lot to learn about security, and still has all the "my first unix" problems to work through. I see certain exploits, and think to myself "I saw that one on Sun 10 years ago...".

I just like the way they handle privs, and I would encourage other OSes to steal that.

                                        BB