funsec mailing list archives

Re: Court Upholds Church Use of Hallucinogenic Tea

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:32:11 -0500

On 2/21/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
 so if any teenagers get caught with weed, they can just say that it's their religious right to smoke pot...

  Court arguments can be something like:
  "Church of Passdabonga members can only reach an inner peace with their God by smoking weed.  These "pot-parties"
are not set to certain times of the day or times of the week and can happen at any time, usually around dusk."

OK, I'm all for religious freedom and the separation of church and state.  BUT, it's an illegal substance that they
are consuming during these 4 hour "rituals".  Just sounds like an organized LSD party to me.

Yeah, how come they cant just smoke cigarettes and get hosed offa
whiskey 24-7 like normal people?

-JP

P.s.:FYI It is even illegal for Jamaicans to smoke weed (even though
its part of their religion