funsec mailing list archives

Things you can't take pictures of in public

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:00:13 -0500

Here are some more things that will get you in trouble if you try to take
pictures of them:

   - Surveillance cameras
   - Cops
   - Your neighbor's windows
   - Passport checking stations (I learned this one the hard way)
   - Boston subway trains

Bottom line, just because something is public, it doesn't mean that you can
take its pictures.  Social conventions, regulations, and laws control where
cameras can be used in public.

Richard