funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quantum Telecloning: Captain Kirk's Clone and The Eavesdropper

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:03:51 -0800

From:                   Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date sent:              Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:12:41 -0500

Now *that* shows a lack of vision.  Make eavesdropping a capital offense,
and *then* clone the eavesdroppers.  Then use the clones to make Soylent
Green....

But if they used quantum cloned Soylent Green as fuel, wouldn't they end up
everywhere at once?

(Hmmm.  Maybe you're on to something.  First time someone uses Soylent Green
fuel they end up everywhere, universal mass increases enormously, universe
becomes a black hole, and Microsoft cannot escape!)

(Yes, I know that, given the estimated mass and Schwarzschild radius of the known
universe we already are in a black hole.  This would explain a lot about user
behaviour.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
When I was young, I was amazed at Plutarch's statement that the
elder Cato began at the age of 80 to learn Greek.  I am amazed no
longer.  Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked
because they would take too long.                     - Groucho Marx
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade