funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Plans Massive Data Sweep

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:16:12 -0500

On 2/12/06, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
Date sent:              Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:30:08 -0500
From:                   Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Sure.  In return, you know where the terrorists are at all times, as well as their
plans for attacking you.  What's the problem?

(Well, you set up a stupid hypothetical, you get a stupid situation.)

You know where the Commies have their nukes, and the serial numbers (and
locations, and current armed state) of the ones they sold to the terrorists.
I should probably just buy the book, but this is more fun ;-)

*AND* you don't even have to think!

OK, lets try this without the jiibes.

Great Ideas, how could we go about implementing this total
transparency system? Request that google turn over the searching
habits of whitehouse.gov? Maybe start a coalition of website owners
who post user data to a common database?

What are the flaws in such a system (aside from google not agreeing
and the feds taking them down on bogus tax charges if they do)?

sorry for the noise all.

-JP