funsec mailing list archives

Re: Question for the group

From: TheGesus <thegesus () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:02:07 -0500

On 2/11/06, Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu> wrote:
Recently we discovered that some message boards in China were posting the
urls for web proxies at various universities, along with "login
credentials".  In our case that meant the url and a sixteen digit number
that represented our "Comet Card" IDs, smart cards that we issue to every
student, staff and faculty member when they arrive.

Do you think maybe what they're after is the Comet Card # and they are
only using the proxy to generate & test valid #'s?

What else can you get with a Comet Card?

I suppose this is the place...

http://libproxy.utdallas.edu/login