funsec mailing list archives

Paying to email

From: "Alex Shipp (elist)" <elist-alex () starlabs net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:09:55 -0000

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3581301

I think this will be an interesting test of Dr. Solly's
pay-to-email suggestions made to one of the linuxbox
lists a while back (can't remember which one).

As far as I can make out:
    'legit' bulk mailers pay to email successfully
    spammers don't pay, and take their chance that mail gets through
    you & I don't pay, and also take our chance that mail gets through
    (hopefully a better chance than the spammers though)

So not everyone pays, which is (from memory, may be wrong) not quite
the same as Dr. Solly's suggestion.

Alex