funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ameriprise Loses Data on 230,000 Customers and Advisers

From: "Mary Landesman" <mlande () bellsouth net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:44:57 -0500

It was a list of reassigned customer accounts. And if you are correct and
this is based on 'user error', that in itself becomes an internal security
breach. Basically you are saying that these large financial institutions are
doing next to nothing to prevent sensitive data from ending up not only on
laptops, but on home users' spyware laden PCs as well.

-- Mary