funsec mailing list archives

RE: Ideas for an iPod shuffle??

From: "D'Aloisio, Marc" <Marc.DAloisio () ct gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:14:13 -0500

You could always put your forensic and analysis tools on it - I don't
know much about the iPod Shuffle, but using regular USB drives -
including many MP3 players, this is a very convenient way to have the
tools available.  The only issue is that I have not found a good way to
write protect the device to prevent damage or infection of the items
contained on it.

As far as hacking, just create a folder on it called 'stuff I stole from
work' like in the ad, connect up to your work PC, and start copying.
We'll read about you in the paper.

Marc D'Aloisio, CISSP
Network Security Analyst; Security Incident Response
State of Connecticut - Department of Information Technology