funsec mailing list archives

RE: Feds after Google data

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:47:38 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:15:08 -0500
From:                   "Blanchard, Michael \(InfoSec\)" <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>

Yes there is image recognition software that knows what a nipple looks like and
can block that image from appearing on a users machine while letting a bikini
clad image appear.

Ah, you youngsters.  Have no idea of the wonders that surround you.

Seriously, I remember being at meetings where one team was dealing with the
attempt to create a robot for refueling torpedoes.  (The fuel is highly toxic, so the
process, for humans, is fraught with peril, particularly in a closed environment.)
The fueling port was a single hole in a well-defined area on a smooth metal
cylinder.  At that time, it was an enormous task to get a vision system to identify
such an object.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
[After a tragedy] no one will let me pay -- even for my own meal!
[...]  Is this the modern equivalent of sending a casserole?    - GD
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade