funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Russinovich: Inside the WMF 'Backdoor'

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:44:21 +0100

Good Day,

RMS> Besides Microsoft already has a backdoor into most people's computer.  It's
RMS> called "Windows Update".  Other companies with update backdoors include
RMS> Apple, Real Networks, HP, adware companies, etc.

That's exactly what Ilfak's first comment was when the rumour
surfaced. I had two - I am always more verbose than Ilfak - about the
updateable Intel microcode and about open source reimplementations.

Toulouse's explanation is perfectly reasonnable imho.

--
Best regards,
 Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com