funsec mailing list archives

Re: And another Sony DRM Rootkit question

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:17:54 +0100

Good Day,

LS> I don't actually have any of the evil CDs, so I can't test this. Does anyone
LS> know?

I was actually thinking about getting some, they'll soon be
collector's items. Unless they start protecting chamber music CDs I
fell I'll always be a step behind in that race ;^)

And I was also wondering about the reactions of third party firewalls
such as Zone Alarm, etc... Did they, in practice, warn the normal
users that something wierd was going on.

--
Best regards,
Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com