funsec mailing list archives

RE: ? - I don't know where to send this one, so I'm sendingi t here...

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:02:25 -0500

Also don't forget that it's very important to identify things specifcally,
by name.  So signatures aren't going away anytime soon, I imagine.
I wouldn't want my AV software to (just) say "Hey, we found something bad.
We stopped it.  Probably.  Here's the file if you want a look."

Panda TruPrevent, even though it doesn't detect based on signatures, uses
their signature file for just this purpose, to name threats it identifies

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer