funsec mailing list archives

Re: Phishing that scares me....

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:54:47 +1300

Gadi Evron wrote:

That email is a few MEGABYTES large.

Yes -- he should, at a minimum, have trns-formatted the images as .PNGs
or .JPGs (or similar).

Are you insane?

I doubt it -- from what I know of him, Dan seems pretty on the level
(at least by the "normal standards" of this industry, and I know I'm
observing from a normality-deficit myself before anyone feels a need to
point that out...  8-) ).

And I thought that by removing most of the limitations here I'd be doing
  good.

Despite this "incident", you are.  At least for now, I see no reason
whatever to change your current approach.

I'd be surprised if, in future, a similar gaff occurs as I'm sure
neither Dan nor most the rest of us are _that_ intellectually
challenged...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald