funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Federal agents' visit was a hoax

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:27:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:

Good Evening,

Friday, December 30, 2005, 2:20:48 AM, you wrote:

DL> Given how easily this lie was slurped up and regurgitated by the media,
DL> I wonder how much of the basis for believing it was "plausible" is also
DL> just as baseless.

I guess this just means you guys must work harder on your marketing,
worldwide, but locally as well.

Another hypothesis, given the utterly laughable analysis of the French
riots and/or IT security issues offered by the same medias, is that
there really is a fundamental problem with medias today.

Anyone with involvement in computer security has known that for many
years; the difference between what the media says and what we know to be
the situation is so huge - did you think that this applied to only one
field?