funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:39:46 +0100

Good Morning,

GE> Because researchers today find it HARD to get samples, while bad guys find
GE> it easy as pie, and easier every eyar.

Not sure I follow the logic here: why would it be hard for good guys
to get samples and easy for bad guys?

It should be as easy for both categories unless, of course, the bad
guys exclude the good guys from their exchanges. In other words, if you
need to be a "vetted" bad guy to gain access. But then, if that
vetting system is so tremendously successful for the bad guys, why
shouldn't the good guys use one?

--
Best regards,
Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com