funsec mailing list archives

Re: Diebold Dies

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:39:55 +1300

Larry Seltzer wrote:

Here's a name known these days for something other than what made it famous:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--obit-diebold1227dec
27,0,7969152.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

NEW YORK -- John Diebold, the business visionary who preached
computerization as the future of worldwide industry during the era of Elvis
and Eisenhower, died Monday at his suburban home. He was 79.

Which continues:

   Diebold passed away in Bedford Hills, N.Y., from esophageal cancer,
   said his nephew, John B. Diebold.

Don't tell me -- he wants to distribute his fortune to the less
fortunate and needs the assistance of soemone with an offshore bank
account...

8-)

(Yes, I've read far too many 419 spams...)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald