funsec mailing list archives

RE: Hey old people

From: Jeff Rosowski <rosowskij () ie ymp gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:37:45 -0800 (PST)

And let me tell you, you don't want to use edlin as an editor, ...

Actually, edlin had (and still does as far as I know, but you're right,
you don't want to use it if you can avoid it...) one brilliant
redeeming feature -- you could script it via command redirection.  I
used that once, ages ago in some cunning (probably self-modifying, but
can't be sure now) batch file...

I had to regularly use ed on the sperry 1190 we ran when I was in the air force.. ahh the days of being a tape monkey.