funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Kevin Mitnick debunks myths

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:51:40 +0200

Good Day,

RMS> Kevin paid more than a bit:  he spent 5 years in the can (jail).

Well, imho, he deserved no less...

What makes him fundamentally different from a Nigerian scammer? His
technical level and the technical level of his opponents? If he was
that clever; he would have found ways to make money otherwise. I don't
think opportunities were lacking in his day.

With IDA, I have seen an incredible number of people who thought they
were Count Zero because they could change a 74 into a 75. I am a bit
tired of the archetype...