funsec mailing list archives

Re: CareerBuilder.com: Your Resume: $170K+ ExecutiveDirector of Network Information Systems for Wireless Company

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:58:43 -0700

On 12/12/05, Pierre N Keith sed:

Actually I sent a private message to Dude a few minutes ago  (private
because I hadn't researched what I told him) about a similar scam.
Yeah and I am not gonna take your "personality test" either Pierre, no
matter how much wine you promise me ;-) lol jk

The first test I looked at was
ridiculously easy and I had the feeling that, should I have completed
the first step successfully I would have been offered a more advanced
test involving some fees...
Hmm, I think this may sound similar as I guess the only requirement
for this test is being semi-literate, or at least knowing how to trace
and the ability to float the bill for the paper.

That was fairly well targeted (managerial EMEA position), almost
believable. The headers were pointing to some private user in
Portugal. And since I haven't ever posted a resume anywhere...
Well I have never fallen victim to a phishing scam, guess this is as
good a time as any to "lose my cherry", all it costs me is time; and
as those on the jabber server will attest to: I have way too much of
that on my hands ;-)

Could be a new trend...
What? Overpaying me for a great job I would have fun at? I hope so!
Much better than this "phish the earth" trend IMO.

Hmm, I will take the "test", wait to hear back from careerbuilder
_and_ apply directly to verizon (thanks keith!)

One way or the other, I will be able to provide more data for the hunches!

thanks again all!

-JP