funsec mailing list archives

Re: Router speeds...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:14:33 -0800

From:                   "Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf () hackerfactor com>
Date sent:              Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:14:58 -0700 (MST)

Without any other forum to write to, I thought I would drop this note
here -- it's fun, but only vaguely security.

Can I piggyback on that?

Now that I've got high-speed Internet (yes, I know, I'm a dinosaur), I'm in the
market for a decent, cheap, firewall router.  NAT, possibly, since I want to use
it to farm out the connection to a few machines behind it if that isn't too
hard.  Nothing terribly fancy, but tuneable so that I can start getting a bit of
a handle on firewall ACLs, but nothing that I need to spend enormous amounts of
time on.  Preferably something common enough that I can get it at London Drugs,
but I'd go for an oddball if there was sufficient reason.

Suggestions?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
    If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade