funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bot hunting

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:28:43 -0400

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:09:03 +0200, Gadi Evron said:

Don't piss the Russian Mob.

Amen.  Other ethnically oriented(*) organized crime groups vary from the Italian
"friendly businessmen" to the Columbian "hot-headed businessmen" to the Yakuza
"polite businessmen".  But those Russians are best described as "brutal crazy
psychotic mother<bleep>ers"... ;)

ObSecurity:  Which of the above has been behind the highest number of malicious
accesses to your systems?  What does this imply for what sort of security stance
you should maintain? :)

(*) OK. So sue me for being politically incorrect.  I'll even throw in a joke
oriented at my own ethnicity: "The national air force has two planes.... but only
one propeller" (Actually heard that one on the Tonight Show *many* years ago).
If you've heard a second one in English, let me know.. I haven't heard it yet. :)