funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bot hunting

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:09:03 +0200

xyberpix wrote:
Following on from the previous thread about the "Egyptian Mafia  boss"....

My thoughts on this one are, what if we were to pay for the use of their "so-called" bot-nets, and setup dummy sites, that they could knock off the net as proof that they do in fact posses the power they say that they wield? If they can do it, we all chip in, and pay to nail them, maybe we could even get some large co's and govt in on this as well.

Yeah it is entrapment, but hey, what they're doing isn't exactly legal either?

Thoughts?

Don't piss the Russian Mob.

I do enough of that for all of us.

        Gadi.