Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What do you think of Trollc?

From: Scott Arciszewski <scott () arciszewski me>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 17:00:30 -0400

"Ethical" is always a matter of perspective. "Legal" and "effective" are
the relevant points of contention.

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Brian M. Waters <brian () brianmwaters net>
wrote:

So far the thread of discussion here has focused on whether or not
Weev's plan would /actually work/. But lets take a step back.

If I understand it, the plan is to facilitate "ethical vulnerability
disclosure" by
1) Finding security vulnerabilities in live sites
2) Disclosing them to the public before notifying the site operators
3) Thereby causing the stock price to drop
 and
4) Making money by short-selling on knowledge only the developer has

I could distill that to layman's terms:
"Hurting someone else and making money at their expense."

So, how is that ethical, again? Did I miss something?

BW

On Tue, 27 May 2014 20:49:45 +0200