Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Handling bad ISP's

From: "Short, Chris" <cshort () mcclatchyinteractive com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:49:57 -0400

Related question:

Aside from experience and checking a few blacklists is there a definitive
source to report and/or review bad ISPs/ASes? I'm looking for a more open
community contributed source.

Thanks,

Chris Short

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Gregory Boddin <gregory () siwhine net> wrote:

Some will say it's best to let them go down by themselves (they will
probably be blacklisted if it's the attack rate from their network is
growing and they don't care about it).

For eg: OVH, an French ISP is getting blacklisted by some mailing
providers because of the spam rate coming from their network.

Well, they started taking measure by punishing customers that do it and
they deployed solutions to watch the problem.

It's an old story ... Who's accountable ? The network owner or the hacked
server ?

My point of view is : if you own a network, you have to watch out that
your users are not using it to take down other networks / servers.

If your customer want to screw the Internet or cannot secure its stuff,
they should get their own AS.