Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: My ISP is routing traffic to private addresses...

From: Gary Baribault <gary () baribault net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:09:48 -0400

There is no reason for that, you can use the same address inside as
outside so long as you don't try and reach a 10.0.0.0/8 in their
network, and that should never happen. I have seen some networks where
the inside address range is 192.168.0.0/16 or /8 and the outside is as
well, so long as your trying to reach public ranges beyond the next
outside network it works just fine.

Gary Baribault
Courriel: gary () baribault net
GPG Key: 0x685430d1
Fingerprint: 9E4D 1B7C CB9F 9239 11D9 71C3 6C35 C6B7 6854 30D1