Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: WordPress User Account Information Leak / Secunia Advisory SA23621

From: adam <adam () papsy net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 07:34:48 -0500

That's a very valid point, Dan. I don't use WP personally, but the feature
you're talking about, is that a core feature? Or is it offered by some
[potentially 3rd party] addon? If it's core, and this is really how they're
responding, that's mind boggling.

Why wouldn't they simply offer it as a feature in future versions, even if
they left it disabled? It's clearly doing harm by not being an option, and
would do what exactly for it to be an option? Waste 3 minutes of a
developer's time?