Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Student expelled from Montreal college after finding vulnerability that compromised security of 250, 000 students personal data

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:08:11 -0500

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Ian Hayes <cthulhucalling () gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Philip Whitehouse <philip () whiuk com> wrote:
a class A moron.
What does that make Omnivox, which appears to have done no testing?

The two conditions are not mutually exclusive.
Hence the reason for "appears to have done no testing."

Developer driven security is some of the worst security I have seen.
Its the reason for this (and few other) list. Obvious flaws (obvious
to a security professional) tells me Omnivox has problems with their
engineering process (perhaps incomplete testing, perhaps no testing).

Jeff