Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ifIndex overflow (Linux Kernel - net/core/dev.c) [maybe offtopic]

From: Daniel Preussker <daniel () preussker net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:21:22 +0100

Urgh mailfailed - here the msg that got lost due to failure

Hi, Sorry for late answer, weekend was filled out with work and shite...

It shouldn't be so much work tbh, think of wifi-aps that create dedidated vlan for their clients, a quick association
rally with 4Giga fake clients and off goes the AP...

But I would put this "design flaw" in the same cat as the Y2K Problem or the Y10K (Y100K, and so on) - just beacuse
we currently dont hit it doesnt mean we can leave it as it is...

Kind Regards without coffee,

Daniel Preussker

[ Security Consultant, Network & Protocol Security and Cryptography
[ LPI & Novell Certified Linux Engineer and Researcher
[ +49 178 600 96 30
[ Daniel () Preussker Net
[ http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x87E736968E490AA1