Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ifIndex overflow (Linux Kernel - net/core/dev.c) [maybe offtopic]

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:48:05 -0500

 The former requiring too much effort
I'm not sure I agree with this statement. When Sony pissed off folks
over the Playstation, countless hours were spent on the breaks and
breach. Confer:
http://thehackernews.com/2012/10/sony-playstation-3-hacked-with-custom.html
and http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/hackers-stole-personal-data-playstation-network-123618.

It does not hurt that Sony chronically drives drunk on the information
superhighway. Confer:
http://attrition.org/security/rants/sony_aka_sownage.html.

Don't under estimate an attackers will or resolve.

Jeff