Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Where are you guys standing re: the (full) disclosure

From: Jordon Bedwell <envygeeks () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:00:35 -0600

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Gary Baribault <gary () baribault net> wrote:
Rather harsh don't you think? I'm all for OSS but I have expenses and
need to make money. Yes M$ makes money, but I think their ethical just
as much as any other company .. is IBM ethical? Is HP ethical? Is Dell
(the company) ethical? They all are to some degree.
Try Apple. They withhold security updates until the press release for
their latest iOS version. See, for example, the hundred of fixes in
https://lists.apple.com/archives/security-announce/2012/Sep/msg00003.html.

At least Microsoft patches on a regular basis.

You seem to be under the delusion that Microsoft and even Open Source
projects don't also hold off on announcements until fix release, which
is the case, most of the time.