Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 0day Vulnerability in VLC (this is my first release of the vuln anywhere)

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:06:56 +0300

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 02:58:43PM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
please don't spam your opinion on every message you dislike.

I did not dislike the message. I believe they are making some good research.

counterspam:  if you ask me, don't notify the vendor unless there is
some good external reason.

Point of contacting vendor is to get the issues fixed without creating
unnecessary security risks to users of the program.

To quote Jay: "just because of the lack of testing so far" so now he knows I can
help if needed. You are free to ignore my emails if you concider them as a spam.
I sure hope I am not the only person in the list who wishes responsible
disclosure.

---
Henri Salo