Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The story of the Linux kernel 3.x...

From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3 () pi3 com pl>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:13:24 +0200

Dnia 2012-05-16, śro o godzinie 23:09 +0200, Tavis Ormandy pisze:
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:49:40PM +0200, Adam Zabrocki wrote:
Hi Tavis,

Yes this is stock kernels and yes you must believe it is so simple mistake ;)
All systems was installed as VM in default installation using official ISOs.

And of course this is configuration mistake not kernel problem(!) - my mistake
if I wasn't clear in the write-up.

Well, you weren't clear, you didn't mention distribution or
CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO once, which were the only important pieces of
information.

But we're making progress, we now know that opensuse on x86 is broken.

so the latest update has this fix but still official ISO has old kernel. Fix was applied
in March/April. So again _sock kernels_ have/had so simple mistake ;)

Apparently so. Originally you said Gentoo, Fedora 16 and Ubuntu. Can you
confirm that you were wrong and it is just a SuSE ia32 problem?

Tavis

Again I wasn't clear (mail sent from mobile phone so I was lazy to type
on this small keyboard), I was refering to VSYSCALL not VDSO. My
mistake ;p

Best regards,
Adam