Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The story of the Linux kernel 3.x...

From: Marcus Meissner <meissner () suse de>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 22:28:56 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:23:19PM +0200, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
Tavis Ormandy <taviso () cmpxchg8b com> wrote:

Adam Zabrocki <pi3 () pi3 com pl> wrote:

Hi Tavis,

Don't know why you don't believe me :) Anyway:

I don't believe any distribution stock kernel enabled it, because this is
just too simple to get wrong. But if they have, we need to find out who
enabled it so you can file bugs in the appropriate place.

Looks like I'm wrong, SuSE do enable it on x86.

How disappointing, looks like my faith in them was misplaced. You should
definitely complain if you're a Novell customer, that is just ridiculous.

As written in the other e-mail, it is basically fighting against people
who think that disabling it will break things.

Nobody can actually point to an application that breaks.

That said, openSUSE 12.2 will have it disabled.

Disabling it for older products ... see above. :/

Ciao, Marcus