Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apple IOS security issue pre-advisory record

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:39:43 -0400

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:34:38 -0000, Dave said:
ii)   Paranoia is healthy. If one runs a computer most people ARE out to get you.

A tad extreme, perhaps.  There *are* 7 billion people on the planet, most of
whom have never heard of you either..  Of course, the ones that you never hear
from don't matter, and I *will* agree that if your computer does hear from
somebody, they most likely *are* looking to extract something from you. ;)

vi)   Trust no one, Trust nothing.

Including advice that tells you to trust no one. ;)

Now in my smugness, I expect I will be handed my ass later....

Probably not, unless somebody figures out how to monetize it before handing it to you. ;)