Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NSA Cyber security program [ maybe off-topic ]

From: Giles Coochey <giles () coochey net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:21:36 +0100

On 02/06/2012 12:54, Jack Slade wrote:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/indexgs.asp

This is the site of the Federal pay scale. It generally matches what NSA pays, though NSA uses a little different schedule. If you scroll down to the Washington DC area list you'll see the adjusted scale for what is paid around Ft. Meade.

The GS 9-11 area is what is paid for new graduates in IT/CS with no experience. The GS 10-12 area is what is generally paid for those with graduate degrees or some experience. Generally management positions start in GS-13 and above.

I'm not an American, but quite happily, I'm off their scale :-)