Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NSA Cyber security program [ maybe off-topic ]

From: Jack Slade <jackslade () byu net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 07:54:29 -0400

http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/indexgs.asp

This is the site of the Federal pay scale. It generally matches what NSA
pays, though NSA uses a little different schedule. If you scroll down to
the Washington DC area list you'll see the adjusted scale for what is paid
around Ft. Meade.

The GS 9-11 area is what is paid for new graduates in IT/CS with no
experience. The GS 10-12 area is what is generally paid for those with
graduate degrees or some experience. Generally management positions start
in GS-13 and above.