Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How to access your favorite sites in the event of a DNS takedown ?

From: rancor <therancor () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:17:42 +0200

I like this thread =) kind of the surf'aholic disaster plan for idiots and
it's amusing in its own sad way
On Jun 25, 2012 9:52 PM, <nix () myproxylists com> wrote:

Do you know? Even in DNS take down you can youcan access your favourite
sites.

People may think that in DNS shoutdown they can lost access to their
addicted websites.

But after reading this article you will know how easily you can access
your websites. You can access them by typing their IP address in your
web-browser.

Copy the IP addresses given below:

tumblr.com 174.121.194.34
wikipedia.org 208.80.152.201

Is this post some kind of joke? Anyone who have played even a bit with web
servers know this. In the event of DNS takedown your site is pretty much
done. I don't think so regular visitors track down site IP's and visit it
again when it 'disappears' ...

Original
Article:
http://cybermughal.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-access-your-favorite-sites-in.html