Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: VPN providers and any providers in general...

From: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:10:18 +0100

Nothing "wrong" with it per se, I was known to enjoy large bottles of rum
during extended coding sessions. Now I can attest to the massive fall-off in
"epic skillz" associated with too much alcohol - my code starts OK, gets
better, then becomes an epic mess of typoes. I stopped doing that a while
back as I realized that it impaired my judgement too much.

Computer crimes are far easier to commit when ones judgement is sufficiently
impaired - a lot of people I used to associate with took some form of
intoxicant and claimed it made them a "better hacker". (cannabis often being
one of the drugs of choice, some claim it allowed them to "visualize" it all
better...). I personally reckon that the real reason for this is that it
makes it easier to ignore the fact you are doing something "wrong".

TL;DR, intoxicants + misguided computer hackers = bad.