Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Search and Seizure of Email

From: Justin Klein Keane <justin () madirish net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:33:01 -0400

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.cybercrime.gov/ssmanual/03ssma.html

Section D does list a search warrant, but also lists other mechanisms
by which the government can compel a provider to turn over e-mail.
The US government is restricted by the 4th amendment in this respect.

Justin Klein Keane
http://www.MadIrish.net

The digital signature on this e-mail may be confirmed using the
PGP key located at: http://www.madirish.net/gpgkey