Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apache 2.2.17 exploit?

From: Laurelai <laurelai () oneechan org>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:32:13 -0700

On 10/3/2011 4:29 PM, GloW - XD wrote:
There's only 4 billion IP's to scan if he want to get all out of his
trick.

Synscan can do a subnet (class b) in ~3 minutes nowdays ;)
I would think he would find it.
i did a scan on a kit i found, root:barcelona123 , and, got like 100 boxes in 10minutes of scanning, ofc, i looked up the IP range, usually they scan by range and classes, log to file, then log in. It is very fast nowdays, and very effective if done properly... i have seen this only recently become "effevive" but, it is..and there is plenty of fools who will execute it as-is... that is just, to easy, every box a kid has root on, will opfc try it *just incase that, fd is wrong* ...and i have seen one case already ;p so, it is the easiest way to engineer, *keep this private* or pvt pvt pvt dont leak!
khehe.. best trix ever.
xd

On 4 October 2011 02:29, <nix () myproxylists com <mailto:nix () myproxylists com>> wrote:

    > http://packetstormsecurity.org/files/25728/w000t-shell.c.html
    >
    > It's a trojan, based on the w00t-shell.c code; the shell code adds a
    > passwordless root account under the name w000t.

    Nice try though. I was not aware that this shellcode was freely
    available
    but after debugging the same shellcode I noticed that passwordless
    account.

    He'll have plenty of work to do while scanning for that SSH account.
    There's only 4 billion IP's to scan if he want to get all out of his
    trick.

    > Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:31:29 +0100
    > From: d.martyn.fulldisclosure () gmail com
    <mailto:d.martyn.fulldisclosure () gmail com>
    > To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
    <mailto:full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>