Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Insect Pro 2.1 : New version release

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:38:53 -0500

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Pete Smith <seclists () decapitate us> wrote:
On 9 March 2011 11:13, Ryan Sears <rdsears () mtu edu> wrote:

I agree, in order for it to qualify as 'free' it needs to be just that.

Forcing someone to make a 'donation' before you give them said free
software is SELLING that software. Saying it's free is not just misleading,
it's a blatantly *not* true.

Juan did however give me a download to test it out when I contacted him
off-list, which was nice of him, but I don't think that these announcements
should say 'free with a donation from 20$ up'. It should state that you HAVE
to pay 20$ in order to get a download. Anything else is misleading.

Also due to the fact that this is *not* open-source I did not try it out.
Just too many red flags for me.

I like the Live Chat Support - Offline.....

Jeff